Thursday 24 November 2016

REVIEW : Lenovo Z710


Review : Lenovo Z710

Design

The Lenovo Z710 is made of plastic but a quality one. Around keyboard, it gives you the sensation that it's made of metal,which looks quite office.





The top of the laptop is also made of plastic with a cool pattern.




One thing that I don't like about it is that the CD-ROM is placed on the right and whenever I try to lift the laptop, I need to be careful not to pull up the CD-ROM's head. 

The LCD is damn big , 17.3 inches but the quality is pretty good.

The speakers are made by JBL and the sound is perfect and loud. You don't need additional speakers when you keep a presentation in classroom, the sound can be hear clearly.

Overall, the design is nice and I don't have anything to object. I enjoy it.


Performance


CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.4GHZ. 

It's a quad core CPU launched in 2013. It's still powerful enough to do my everyday businesses. It can support up to 32GB of RAM and it has also a graphic processor Intel Graphics HD 4600.

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 745M

I'm not quite satisfied with this GPU because I had several problems while I was running Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Ubuntu 16.04. I suppose that the drivers aren't optimized good enough to handle some games like League of Legends. I am using Windows 10 since its release and it looks like the problems disappeared. Probably DirectX 12 and new drivers solved it.

Another reason why I don't like this GPU is that I can't run with, at least, 30fps, games like The Crew or Need for Speed , but I was able to play decently Grand Theft Auto V with around 46 FPS.

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ

The amount is sufficient for multitasking. It never occurred to run out of memory. 

If it's not enough for you, there can be added up to a total of 16GB RAM , limited by the motherboard. There are 2 slots available.

Storage: ~930GB HDD 5200RPM

It's a bit slow but I could live with it. If you want to improve laptop's performances, a SSD can be a great choices these days. The price per GB has lowered and it's worth every penny.

Battery: 4-cell  Li-ion Battery

I am PROFOUNDLY disappointed about it. It can last about 1 hour while watching a movie so it is bad for a laptop. I expected to last at least 2 hours but my expectation were to high. Moreover, charging it can take about 2-3 hours but who knows why.

Ports:

  •  2 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 2.0. 
  • SD CARD READER
  • ETHERNET
  • AUX PORT
  • HDMI
  • VGA
To sum up, it is a good laptop and, after 2 years of everyday use , I never encounter a major problem. So you can rely on it.






No comments:

Post a Comment